Last Thursday, I headed to Houston for Caitlin’s Bachelorette party. Another bridesmaid and I planned the evening, and we decided all the girls could decorate their own sexy sugar cookies! I made the cookies in advance, and we set aside some time during the party for decorating. Here is a photo from Pinterest that inspired me to try out Lingerie sugar cookies!
Mrs. Fields sugar cookies
(Recipe source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mrs-fields-sugar-cookies/)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1) In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the salt.
2) Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until evenly distributed.
3) Add the egg and the vanilla. Beat until well blended. Pause and scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl periodically.
4) On low speed, add the flour in increments. Do not over mix.
5) Form the dough into a disk, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
7) On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Use any cookie cutters to cut the dough and place shapes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8) Bake for 12-15 minutes. I baked mine for 13 minutes. Keep a watchful eye on the cookies to prevent browning.
9) Place cookies on a cooling rack. Make sure they have completely cooled before decorating.
I have been using this sugar cookie recipe for years now, and the cookies never fail to please the crowd. You can use this recipe as your starting point for any sugar cookie project!
To make the sexy sugar cookies, I used a heart cookie cutter. By cutting off the tip of the heart, I created cookie boobs and butts to be decorated! I had trouble locating a heart cookie cutter, but finally, I found a set of hearts at Michael’s.
The girls expressed their creativity by decorating unique panties and bras. It was pretty tedious work spreading the icing carefully over the cookies! I tried my best to create a masterpiece similar to the inspiration photo posted in the beginning.
Overall, sexy sugar cookies were a hit, but after a long day of celebrating, it was tempting to just eat the cookies plain!